Thursday, July 29, 2010

MISSIONS IN SLUMS

How can we know of God`s compassion for us even when He seems far away? Life is not easy even for Christians. We are not immune from things such as trials, difficulties, dangers , insecurity, depressions, illness and lost of loves one. Often, on the other side of hardship we are better people for having endure difficulty. If God doesn`t miraculously deliver us, we still can be honored that He has trusted us to be a part of His overall plan. The whether was calm a s I ministered in the slums of Kibera Nairobi Kenya along the railway line. This is the path that most people use when going to their jobs in Industrial area and house maid. Though people looked so poor and hopeless still they were eager to listen about this our Lord Jesus. I love ministering in Kibera for I have stay there for over twenty years. This was my good day for I had just reached for one hundred peolpe who gave their lives to Jesus Christ. Pastor Mike

No comments: