Saturday, December 18, 2010

They killed my husband and set the house on fire!

All was well as wanted to go to bed after taken our family supper together. Little did I know I could lose my husband in a short while Resba recalls how she heard loud screams and noise from far from the neighborhood at a round 10:00 pm. Within a short a while I saw a gang of men numbered about 30 storm my homestead and started destroying everything in sight as though they were send. The youth were armed with assorted weapons and sang war songs demanding the members of the other tribe community vacate the area. They told us to go back to our ancestral land for we had betrayed them in just concluded election. They did not even spare the livestock at the cowshed. “The worst that I least expected happened when the man whom I knew ordered my husband to be killed.” said Resba. My husband was pleading with them to spare us, but who heard him?! The presence of group leader made things worst. He was the first one to stab my……. Husband with a sword at his chest. The rest followed and killed him on the spot. My husband died. She narrated as she fought back tears that were rolling on her cheeks. “The gang later set our house on fire before leaving me with my seven children staring and trembling at their dying father not knowing what to do!” Said Resba. I was six months pregnant when this horrible ordeal happened. We took refuge at a nearby church before leaving to a show ground when violence escalated. Some times we faced tough moments in our lives as though we have no one there for us. Remembering to what happened to the early church. During the reign of Nero in 64 AD. Many Christians died. Jesus Christ promised us that He will never forsake us. Though we see these things in our lives as we live here on earth, one day we shall be with Him in heaven. Where we shall get a rest, where our tears will be wiped, no pain, no hunger, no war and diseases, no burning of houses and tribe fighting each other. Have heart Jesus is coming for us soon!!

No comments: