Thursday, January 29, 2009

RAFIKI CHILDREN`S HOME

THE VIEW OF RAFIKI CHILDREN`S HOME It is now two years since when Rafiki Children`s Home was started in the year 2007 . Most of these Children are from the Streets and some are orphans and also Vulnerable. The Home is situated in Olympic in Kibera Nairobi. The Home was started by by Pastor Mike and his wife Matroba with Sister Ann Jones from U.S. A. The boys have really enjoyed staying a home that cares for them in education, spiritual matters, physicall and emotionally. Washington Ochieng the boy you can see just sitting on the bed, was taken from the streets of Nairobi. The boy was so frustrated and had no hope of living. He saw life as meaningless. He never wanted to see even his own parents and even his brothers and sisters or go to school. Oching comes from a family of seven, his mother died when he was still young. His father managed to marry another wife who later mistreated him. The boy went to the street. I just got him on the street when I was doing door to door evangelism. The boy never wanted to come with me as he thought that I could have mistreated him just like his parents. "Oching, do you know I was just the way you are" I said to him. My Mother died when I was one and a half years. Praise God Ochieng has accepted to forgive his parents and also ready to go to school. I have stayed with him for two years. He is a saved boy and co operative and humble boy. Please you may donate or sponsor a child or send any kind of a gift to these precious Children of God. They need education, food, beds, sheets, blankets, shoes, and clothes and your prayers. Pastor Mike

No comments: